Monday 29 February 2016

I am in love, I was not abducted - 13-year-old Ese told parents

Ese Ororu
Ese
Ese, now Aisha (Photo credit: Premium Times)

In her reaction to her parents' allegations that one Yinusa from Kano had kidnapped her and forced her to become his wife and a Muslim, Ese Ororu had told her parents that she had never been kidnapped, saying 'I am in love with Yinusa.

 In an audio obtained by Premium Times, Ese was heard saying she did not want to reunite with her parents.

See the audio transcription:

Interrogator: Please what is your name?

Ese Oruru: My name is Aisha Chuwas?

Interrogator: From where are you here (sic), come Kano?
Ese Oruru: From Bayelsa State.

          Read Ese's full story here

Interrogator: How old are you?

Ese Oruru: I am 17 years old.

Interrogator: Ok, what are you doing here in Kano now?

Ese Oruru: I am not doing anything but I came here to be a Muslim and I will stay here.

Interrogator: In your own, own, own choice or….

Ese Oruru: Silence

Interrogator: Ok, Aisha your parent tell us you are (sic) abducted from Bayelsa. It’s true?

Ese Oruru: No. I am not (sic) abducted by anybody.

Interrogator: Ok. Tell us the truth.

Ese Oruru: I am (sic) not abducted by anybody, I came here on my own interest. Nobody forced me to be a Muslim.

Interrogator: That’s all

Ese Oruru: Yes

Interrogator: Ok, Thank you Aisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment