Tuesday 29 March 2016

What Ipokia Ward 1 APC leaders did to me

A member of the House of Representatives for Yewa South/Ipokia Federal Constituency, Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade, fondly addressed as Triple A, had organised a Townhall Meeting to give account of his stewardship to his constituents, one of who I am.

I asked people before going there to confirm whether the Townhall Meeting is an APC affair, but I was told it's a gathering for all regardless of your political affiliation. After all I don't belong to any political party.

While at the meeting, Triple A himself also informed that the gathering is for all his constituents, not only APC.

When it was time to ask questions, they said two persons should come forward from Ipokia Ward 1; one Mr Oladega, popularly known in Ipokia as Olowondekun was the first person to step forward and I came out after him.

Haba! You can't imagine what the gathering turned into. The first person that came out to antagonize me was one man who is a close pal of my dad, Mr Nupo Odu, while others followed suit.
Omo olomo laarin ero... they started ranting that I should not be allowed to talk. They said I'm not from Ipokia Ward 1. They said I'm not an APC member; that I can't come there to benefit from what they had laboured for.

For like 10 minutes, the whole event was put on hold. Even Triple A himself insisted that I should be allowed to talk, but these people, most of whom were like parents to me, stood their ground that this Olawin boy must not be allowed to talk.
It was like a battle between two warriors, I didn't leave the stage. I remained unshaken despite their yelling. I said nobody could stop me from talking except God. Many people saw a different Damilare and they were surprised.

It took the intervention of our former Chairman, Hon. Isiaka Aderounmu, our caretaker chairman, Hon Akeem Fagbemi, Triple A himself and many youths who rose up in my support, before I was allowed to ask my questions. They already saw it that this boy would not leave if he is not allowed to talk.

I am for nobody and I am for everybody. I wish somebody could talk to these APC leaders in my ward. I know what to say to all of them, but I keep quiet for now.

I didn't go there so that Triple A could give me money. But it is my right to attend a meeting of such magnitude as a constituent.

No comments:

Post a Comment